Access Surveys via Unique Access Codes / Passwords
FluidSurveys has a number of different modes of survey deployment. When it comes to restricting the people who can access the your survey, you have a couple of options:
1) Put a generic password on your survey (one password for everyone)
2) Send out unique invite links using our survey invite tool (everyone gets a unique link with a password embedded in the link so that the survey can only be taken once from each link).
3) Send out individual passwords / access codes to users.
In this post, we’ll talk about item 3.
Essentially, if you head on over to the publish page and then click on the “invite” tab, you’ll see options to generate passwords – if you scroll all the way to the bottom of the page (see screenshot above).
Here you will be able to type in how many unique pass-codes you want to generate and then click on the “generate codes” button. When you do this, the application will give you a bunch of codes that you can then offer to your respondents. You will then have to give your survey respondents the generic survey link (found in the deployment tab on the publish page) along with their unique pass code. Some people use this option to send survey invites to individuals using snail mail (i.e. conventional physical mail).
If you want to make sure that only individuals that have a password can access the survey, go to the “restrictions” tab in the publish page and then make sure to click the option that only allows users with a valid unused invite code to access the survey. Once you check this option, be sure to click the save button at the bottom of the page so that your settings are preserved.
Latest posts by Aydin Mirzaee (see all)
- We’ll be in Toronto this Wednesday the 19th – let’s meet up! - June 17, 2013
- iPad Contest – and the Winners Are… - June 4, 2012
- Enter to Win the New iPad – 2 Easy Steps! Or Win a Trendy FluidSurveys T-Shirt! - May 14, 2012
- Last 5 Seats for Wednesday’s Webinar! – The secret to getting the right respondents - April 10, 2012