Canadian Sport Institute Athlete Travel Grant
Canadian Sport Institute recognizes the need for financial aid to support the competitive needs of amateur athletes in British Columbia. The intent of the Canadian Sport Institute Athlete Travel Grant is to provide financial aid to support the competitive needs of amateur athletes in British Columbia during national and international competitions.
Each year, Canadian Sport Institute will award twenty grants – ten in the spring and ten in the fall – valued at $500 to deserving athletes based on the following criteria:
Athletes must be:
- a BC resident registered with Canadian Sport Institute Vancouver, Whistler, or Victoria Campuses;
- identified by their respective Provincial or National Sport Organization according to Canadian Sport Institute’s athlete eligibility criteria;
- actively registered with Canadian Sport Institute at the Provincial Development or Canadian Development service level*;
- applying for a national or international competition (i.e. Junior or Senior Nationals, Junior/Senior World Championships, Olympic/Paralympic Trials, World Cup Events, etc);
- applying for a competition that will take place 6 months prior to or after the application deadline;
The maximum annual allocation of funds will not exceed $500.00 to any one athlete.
*Please note: this grant is open only to Canadian Sport Institute Canadian Development and Provincial Development athletes actively registered with our Victoria, Vancouver, and Whistler campuses.
*Note: Based on the number of applications received, priority may be given to athletes identified at the Canadian Development level. For further information regarding eligibility levels,please click here.
The submission period for the 2014 Fall Athlete Travel Grant officially closed Friday, November 14 at 11:59 PM PDT.
All applicants will be notified by the end of November regarding the status of their application and if it is eligible for submission. All grant award winners will be notified by the end of December 2014.