Survey on Badges in the Digital Tattoo website
This survey is conducted by the Open Badges UBC team to assess the impact of badges on users of the Digital Tattoo website. Your answers will be used to improve the Digital Tattoo website and other badged programs at UBC.
All questions are optional and all answers are anonymous; with the exception of your email address, no data will be collected which identifies you.
1. Did you earn a badge from the Digital Tattoo website?
If you answered "no" to the first question, please explain why you did not earn a badge.
I do not have Campus Wide Login (CWL).
I wasn't interested in earning a badge.
I have a Campus Wide Login (CWL) ,
but experienced the following technical problems:
I have another reason for not earning a badge (please specify):
If you answered "no" to the first question, please exit the survey. Thank you for your time.
2. After earning your first badge, did you want to earn more badges?
3. Which badge did you earn? (Check all that apply)
4. Which of the following statements do you agree with? (Check all that apply)
..didn't interest me
..were too easy to earn
..were well integrated into the website
..were too hard to earn
5. Which of the following statements do you agree with? (Check all that apply)
..asked relevant questions
..made me think about the issues
..gave me feedback which promoted deeper understanding of the issues
I didn't answer any quiz questions
6. Do you believe that earning badges helped you engage with the issues discussed on the website?
7. Why or why not?
8. Are you interested in earning badges as part of an academic course?
9. Why or why not?
10. If badges were offered as part of an academic course, what would be an important design element? (Check all that apply)
Badges should be tied to course objectives
There should be more than one way to earn a badge
Students should be allowed to reattempt the badge
Earning a badge should affect one's grades
Students should get feedback on their attempt to earn a badge
An individual's earned badges should be visible to classmates
Earning a badge should give students the means to succeed in assignments
11. Do you have skills or knowledge which are valued in the working world, but not formally recognized with a credential?
12. What unrecognized skills or knowledge do you have?
13. Should universities present students with the option to earn recognition for specific skills during their time at UBC?
14. Why or why not?
15. If you have any additional comments, please list them below:
If you are interested in being entered into a drawing to win one of five $20 gift Starbucks gift certificates, please provide us with your email.
Thank you for participating in the survey. It will help us improve Digital Tattoo and other Open Badge programs at UBC.
Online Form Builder powered by