FluidSurveys v3.0 is now ready for you to test! If you are a FluidSurveys user, you can access your v3.0 surveys on http://dev.fluidsurveys.com by using the same username/password as your regular FluidSurveys account. We have gone ahead and migrated any data/surveys that you may have had up until Saturday August 28th. This will give you the opportunity to use data from old surveys to test out some of our new reporting capabilities.
Everyone on FluidSurveys.com will be migrated over to v3.0 by default on Friday Sept. 17th. All of your existing surveys will continue to function as they always have and you won’t have to do anything extra. When you wake up on Saturday the 18th, the new software will be there waiting for you. In the meantime, we strongly recommend that you log into your FluidSurveys 3.0 account and give it a try so that you can get used to it before the official launch date. The software is still in beta so if you do find any bugs or have any suggestions, please do email us at email@example.com and we will address the outstanding issues immediately.
Two final important notes:
1) FS3.0 is not ready for prime time yet and http://dev.fluidsurveys.com has been set up for testing purposes only. In other words, please don’t run any live surveys on this site as you might encounter glitches and we intend to delete all of the data on http://dev.fluidsurveys.com on the 17th.
2) If you signed up to use FluidSurveys on or after Saturday August 28th, you currently won’t have access to v3.0. If you have a really good reason as to why we should give you access to check it out, send us an email and we will consider requests on a case by case basis.
What’s new in v3.0?
We’ll write a more lengthy blog post on this later… but, here is a very basic summary:
1) Brand new reporting tool – we threw out our old analytics interface and re-wrote the whole thing. The new interface is BEAUTIFUL and the exports into MS Word & PDF are even more gorgeous.
2) Brand new invite tool – we threw the old one out and built a new one. This invite tool allows you to import custom fields in addition to the standard name/email that was allowed before – it also makes everything else a lot easier!
3) Checkbox Grid Question Type – New
4) Improved 3d-Matrix & N-atrix questions (they now include the option to have checkbox columns)
5) Editor Enhancements: display questions side-by-side and add a comment box to any question type using the “append-to-previous” option.
6) Make as many of the variables in the “multiple choice” or “checkbox” question an “other, please specify” or “none of the above” type choice. In other words, you can add a textbox in front of any of the choices.
7) Export your survey into Word – MUCH improved. Your surveys will look gorgeous.
8- Brand new interface to the whole application – thanks to our designer Rafi
9) Brand new themer – we threw the old one out and re-wrote it.
10) Brand new bulk-add interface – we threw the old one out. This will allow you to add bulk items to multiple languages at the same time!
There are literally over 150 new features/enhancements to this version of the software. We dare say that this is our best work yet! We still need your help in testing the software though, so please put on your testing hats and give it a try!
Posted in: Blog
Leave a Comment