Creating a Net Promoter® Survey – Net Promoter Question Type
Great News for All You Net Promoter Fans!
We just added a new question type: The Net Promoter Question. Using this question type, it is now easier than ever to create a Net Promoter® survey. The good news is that as soon as you add this question type, your reports will also include your Net Promoter® Score by default. In other words, you don’t need to do any external calculations and you don’t need to configure anything – your score will be right there waiting for you!
What is a Net Promoter Survey?
A few weeks ago, we wrote an article entitled “What is a Net Promoter Survey (NPS)?” If you missed that blog post, a Net Promoter Survey is simply one where you ask your respondents “On a scale of 0-10, how likely are you to recommend us to a friend or colleague?” Simple enough! Along with the Net Promoter Question comes a Net Promoter Score. The Net Promoter Score which is calculated by taking the % of people who gave you a score of 9 or 10 (promoters) and subtracting from that number the % of people who gave you a score of 0-6 (detractors).
How Do I Get Started?
In order to use the Net Promoter Question type, you need to have at least the Pro Plan ($19/month or $199/year). If you don’t, you can get a free trial here. Your first two weeks are free and considered your trial period. You can cancel anytime in those two weeks and you won’t be charged. If you like what you see, it’s just $19/month after that – pay as you go, no cancellation fees! Try it Free!
1) Create a New Survey. Click on the “Add a new Survey” button, specify your survey name and then click on “Create New Survey”
2) Drag in the Net Promoter Question Type: Expand the “Advanced Question Types” section to see where the NPS question is.
Once you drag it in, it’ll look something like the following:
3) Publish! You can add in more questions if you’d like, but that’s all you need to get started.
3a) Make Your Survey Live:
3b) Share Your URL With anyone You Want , Place the Link on Your Website or even send the link via email.
3c) Or You can Use Our Invite Tool to send out Your Survey Invites (this allows for tracking who has and who has not taken the survey + allows for sending reminders).
First Click on the Invites Icon.
You will then be taken to the “Invites” page where you can send out your survey invites.
See a Sample Net Promoter Survey Below. Go ahead and Take it!
Here is a sample report showing the Net Promoter Score:
If You like what you see, give it a Try!
Net Promoter Score, Net Promoter and NPS are registered trademarks of Bain & Company, Satmetrix Systems and Fred Reichheld.
Latest posts by Aydin Mirzaee (see all)
- We’ll be in Toronto this Wednesday the 19th – let’s meet up! - June 17, 2013
- iPad Contest – and the Winners Are… - June 4, 2012
- Enter to Win the New iPad – 2 Easy Steps! Or Win a Trendy FluidSurveys T-Shirt! - May 14, 2012
- Last 5 Seats for Wednesday’s Webinar! – The secret to getting the right respondents - April 10, 2012